Why Chocolate and Pretzels are a Perfect Pair
We know where chocolate comes from. In fact, we’ve written more than a few blog posts about the history of chocolate, its journey from a bitter drink enjoyed by the Aztecs to a favorite treat among European royalty to the world’s most popular sweet.
And we know where pretzels come from, more or less. The most common story is that they were invented by monks in the Middle Ages, either in Italy or France.
But where do chocolate covered pretzels come from?
That’s an even murkier origin story, but most our research points to Franz Joseph Leibniz, a German baker living in sixteenth century Hamburg who joined forces with his chocolatier neighbor to create the chocolate-covered pretzel.
Of course it was going to be a hit. Salty-and-sweet pairings have always done well. Our tastes buds come alive when these two flavors join forces.
It’s why chocolate-covered pretzels have remained popular for centuries, and why we continue to sell them at our three stores. Visit our stores in Bucks, Montgomery and Ocean County to experience the apex of salty and sweet.
Related Blog Articles:
- The Evolution of Chocolate
- 6 Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Chocolate
- Does Chocolate Really Help You Think Better?
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Chocolate
- To Your Health: The Facts on Chocolate
- Cooking With Chocolate
- Lighten the Mood with Dark Chocolate
- Chocolates – The Ultimate Corporate Gift
- Would You Eat Mushroom Chocolate?
- Don’t Give Up Chocolate This Year
- Why Chocolate Makes a Great Holiday Gift